Hands-Free Leaders Contour and Cerevo USA Partner to Bring Live Video Broadcasting to POV Cameras
WORLD’S SMALLEST, MOST AFFORDABLE, LIVE-BROADCAST POV SOLUTION LAUNCHES AT CES
LAS VEGAS, NV, (Consumer Electronics Show) – Jan 10, 2012 – Contour, (www.contour.com), a leader in making it easy to share epic moments with hands-free video, and Japanese-based Cerevo (shell.cerevo.com) today unveiled the world’s smallest and least expensive portable live-streaming video solution at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Cerevo “LiveShell”. The unique battery-powered solution can be seen live at CES booth #35155 in South Hall 4 and is available for sale via the Contour website for $299 on February 1st.
“Contour is excited to include LiveShell to our product suite in the U.S., allowing our customers to broadcast their hands-free pursuits live to the web as it happens. ” said Contour CEO, Marc Barros. “It’s a perfect complement to our Contour+ camera model. We start with the best hands-free, POV camera with built in GPS and mobile connectivity – and have now add a wireless live-streaming solution with the LiveShell. Partnering with Cerevo and Ustream will allow Contour customers to share their ski run, bike route, or any other hands-free action with their family and friends in real-time.”
A simple HDMI cable connects Contour’s Contour+ camera to Cerevo’s LiveShell to bring real-time video broadcasting straight from the camera to the Ustream website. Collaboration among these three innovative companies delivers high-quality, live-broadcast video for the first time in the hands-free video market, letting adventurers share point-of-view (POV) footage as it’s captured. In addition to automatic sharing via Ustream, people can manually configure the Contour+/LiveShell combo to broadcast live on other video platforms.
“Live video streaming is key for many businesses and for individual entertainment, but without LiveShell and Contour+, people are stuck with poor quality video or else purchasing prohibitively expensive gear,” said Cerevo CEO, Takuma Iwasa. “Computers can be unstable and difficult, while phones limit video quality and also capture unwanted vibration and wind noise. Contour is the optimal partner for us, delivering high-quality, high-definition video that friends and family will be thrilled to watch as it’s created.”
Contour+’s award-winning, hands-free HD video lets people shoot quality video from anywhere and everywhere, and with LiveShell and Ustream, they can live-broadcast as they capture. Simply plug an HDMI cable from the Contour+ into LiveShell to instantly and wirelessly share high-quality content via Ustream. For additional functionality, a Web-based Dashboard remotely controls and alters settings.
What people can do with Contour+ and Cerevo LiveShell:
- Broadcast POV footage as its captured: World’s first “Ustream Compatible” internet-broadcasting device (released November, 2011 in Japan) let’s you share your action live on the web.
- Set-up Easily: No PC or Mac needed; change settings via remote control access on a Web-based Dashboard – by computer and/or smartphone
- Deliver the Action Instantly: An HDMI interface makes recording and broadcasting live a snap!
- High Quality Video: Fuzzy video streaming is gone! Contour+ delivers HD video in 1080p at 25/30fps or 720p at 25/30 and50/60fps and attaches to a variety of mounts. The maximum resolution with Cerevo LiveShell is approximately 480p.
- Film and Broadcast for Hours: LiveShell and the Contour+ both have greater than 2-hour battery life
The Contour+ camera is available for purchase now, and the Cerevo LiveShell will available for purchase February 1st from Contour’s online store.
Pages: 1 2