CONTOUR’S NEW REMOTE CONTROL MAKES CAPTURING EPIC MOMENTS EVEN EASIER
Contour’s Exclusive Bluetooth Technology and Enhanced Contour Connect App Lets Users Control Cameras from Wherever They Have their Android Phone
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (Consumer Electronics Show) – Jan 10, 2012 – Contour (www.contour.com), a leader in making it easy to share epic moments with hands-free video, today announced a new remote control feature on the Contour Connect App allowing users to remotely stop and start recording on Android devices. Available in April, the Contour Connect App will give users the ability to start and stop recording with the press of a button, remotely from their smartphone – giving greater flexibility and creative control. With Contour’s exclusive Bluetooth technology, Contour Connect already turns a user’s smartphone into a wireless viewfinder, letting active people align shots and adjust settings in real-time.
“We just made hands-free a lot more hands-free. We’re continuing to innovate in ways to make it easier for people to capture and share highlights than any other video camera. Contour is a creation tool, and we’re always looking for ways to make it easier for people to capture and share epic moments,” said Marc Barros. “The new remote control works with our Contour+ and ContourGPS cameras, so you can mount the camera on the hood of your car and control video footage from your phone while sitting in the driver’s seat – this level of remote control is an example of our leadership in mobile connectivity.”
The Contour Connect App gives active people:
- New Additional Flexibility: No need to have your Contour+ or ContourGPS cameras within arm’s reach to record. With this new feature, users can start and stop recording remotely with their Android smartphone!
- Improved Streaming Capabilities: An HDMI cable connects the Contour+ camera to a TV for video streaming capabilities and can be controlled using the remote control functionality
- Easy Alignment and Previews: A Bluetooth connection sends images between the camera and an Android smartphone, creating a live wireless viewfinder. Explorers can set up the perfect shot before recording, making crooked, misaligned footage a thing of the past
- Real-Time Adjustments: The mobile App lets users change video mode, adjust the microphone volume and react to lighting conditions in the most remote locations
- Camera’s Vitals on the Go: Read battery, memory and GPS signal status
For more information on Contour cameras, mounts and software, go to www.contour.com.
Pages: 1 2